Friday, October 18, 2013

Post 17: Working on the "3D Artista Somnia"

     I started reworking last years show to make it 3D Red/Cyan Anaglyph, to be seen using the geeky cardboard glasses. I can't wait to shoot a picture of the public wearing a thousand of those...
    I started with the "Brick Drawers" sequence because it had a lot of depth already built in, and it works well with minor adjustments. The camera I used was fairly wide angle to increase the depth effect, so I just duplicated it twice, moved one left and the other right, and called them Right Camera and Left Camera.
    I adjusted the convergence of the cameras to a point on the facade itself, so both images would fit the building as best as possible, protruding blocks would appear in front, and receding blocks behind. 
   I rendered the right and left movies separately in After Effects, and combined them into a single Anaglyph movie using Anaglyph Workshop Movie Edition for Mac
  The resulting movie tends to be dull looking, so I ran it through Premiere and applied curves and saturation effects to "ZAP" it. It now really looks pretty good, almost "straight out of the box". But I have time to tinker with it and make it better.
   Put on your Anaglyph glasses and check it out on YouTube.
   Next, I will do in 3D the third sequence with the Tarot Cards and the Asteroids flying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment